Don’t Make These Mistakes with your Rental Property’s Pet Policy in Northern Virginia
It’s not always easy to know what the proper protocol is surrounding pets when it comes to your rental property in Northern Virginia. Don’t make these mistakes when advertising for tenants or collecting the security deposit!
- Don’t say service animals aren’t allowed. You’re legally required to accommodate service animals under the Fair Housing Act (FHA).
- Don’t neglect to collect a pet fee. This should be collected along with the security deposit to repair any damage the animals may cause during their stay.
- Don’t forget to specify types of animals. You may choose to allow only dogs, or only cats, or only small pets such as rabbits and birds. It’s up to you, or you may allow all!
Whether or not you choose to allow animals as a landlord in Northern Virginia is up to you, just remember that service animals are always allowed!
Benefits of using Circle Property Management
- Tenant Screening
- Tenant Security Deposits
- Monthly Reporting
- Online Owner Portal
- Property Inspections
- Maintenance & Repairs
- Regular Communication
- Lease Preparation
- Tax Forms
- Electronic Payments
- Online Tenant Portal
- Maintenance Specials
- Rent Increases
What We Do As Your Northern Virginia Property Manager
We handle all your accounting as well as records for your property repairs. We supply your financial reporting documents with one easy report to simplify your tax filing. Our easy to use portal is always available to review your account 24/7.
As your manager we will work hard to preserve your maintenance dollars. We triage every incoming-call to validate the need for service and offer solutions to your tenants so they can make simple repairs on their own. With our soft-touch maintenance reminder program we improve property performance. We use licensed and insured contractors with long term contracts for best pricing.
We market your property through the MLS and all major web portals. (over 120 websites) We take calls; show your property to perspective tenants and accurately screen your tenants prior to the preparation of the Lease.
Tenant relations is one of our strengths, we use proprietary software to softly touch your tenants with maintenance reminders, important seasonal reminders as well as tips to keep your property in optimal condition. We also handle all the coordination for repairs and property showings.
As a licensed real estate broker you can be assured we will properly execute the Lease documents associated with you account. We comply with state and local regulations and perform all the necessary inspections and addendum's.
As you manager we will enforce the Lease, collect the rent and tackle any challenges to payments or maintenance of your property. In the unlikely event of an eviction, we process the eviction through the courts.
Services Provided by Circle Property Management
- Condominium Management
- Townhouse Management
- Full Service Leasing & Tenant Placement
- Light Commercial Management
- Single Family Home Management
- Quarterly Maintenance Specials
- Tenant Screening with Background Checks
- CAM Fee oversight & Management
Areas We Serve
- Northern Virginia
- Alexandria City
- Falls Church
- Fairfax City
- Great Falls
- Loudoun County
- Prince William County
- Washington DC